Chelsea are reportedly ready to splash the cash on three of England’s most promising prospects, led by Southampton and West Ham United defender Declan Rice. The Premier League champions will also look to Monaco midfielder N’Golo Kante in a deal worth up to £60m. Huddersfield Town striker Laurent Depoitre is their other main target with the Terriers ready for a fight over his valuation should Chelsea make an offer.
Chelsea transfer news is a term that is used to describe the various rumors, reports and speculation that are published by newspapers, magazines and websites about Chelsea’s upcoming transfers. The most recent Chelsea transfer news has seen Declan Rice topping the trio of players that have been linked with a move to Stamford Bridge.
10.50 GMT: Barcelona has completed the free transfer of Arsenal forward Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
The two teams had been in negotiations ahead of the transfer deadline, with the 32-year-old coming into Catalonia on Monday to try to complete the move.
Arsenal were keen to offload Aubameyang’s wage — which starts at £250,000 a week — following a deterioration in his relationship with manager Mikel Arteta, who had stripped him of the captaincy in December following a series of disciplinary issues before being left behind as the first-team squad traveled to Dubai for a winter training break in late January. However, after discussions seemed to be on the verge of collapsing on Monday, the two parties eventually reached an agreement.
Your time has come.
Greetings, @Auba! pic.twitter.com/PGcyG1NsR1
February 2, 2022 — FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona es)
Aubameyang has not played for Arsenal since Dec. 6, when he was brought home from the Africa Cup of Nations after medical tests revealed he had heart abnormalities. When he arrived in Cameroon for the competition, he tested positive for COVID-19.
According to ESPN, Barcelona’s first objective was Juventus striker Alvaro Morata, who is on loan from Atletico Madrid, but Aubameyang became a viable alternative when a deal for the Spain striker fell through.
– Arsenal receives a D+ following the departure of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
10.15 GMT: According to Diario AS, Real Madrid would only be ready to pay up to €45 million for 15-year-old Brazilian wonderkid Endrick, the same amount they spent for Vinicius Junior.
Endrick, who was recently crowned player of the tournament in the ‘Copinha’ youth championship in Sao Paulo, will be 16 in July and be eligible to sign his first professional contract.
According to reports in Brazil, his club Palmeiras would seek to put a €100 million release clause in that contract, albeit he wouldn’t be able to travel to Europe until he was 18.
Despite spending €30 million on Reinier Jesus, €40 million on Rodrygo Goes, and €45 million on Vinicius in previous years, AS says that such a clause would put him out of reach for Madrid.
09:28 UTC: According to The Times, Arsenal paid Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang around £7 million to terminate his 18-month contract.
After being locked out for many weeks by manager Mikel Arteta, the Gunners confirmed on Tuesday that they had mutually terminated their former club captain’s £350,000-a-week contract.
After the news of Aubameyang’s departure from Arsenal was confirmed, he wrote a goodbye message on Instagram. Aubameyang has been seen training with Barcelona ahead of his anticipated free move to the Spanish club.
08:42 UTC: Manchester City announced on Tuesday that Joao Cancelo has signed a new deal.
Cancelo, who joined City from Juventus in 2019, has signed a long-term contract deal that will keep him at the Etihad Stadium until 2027.
Since joining the club, the 27-year-old has made 106 appearances and was a vital figure in the club’s Premier League championship triumph in 2021, earning him a spot in the Professional Footballers’ Association Premier League team of the year.
8 a.m. GMT: According to ESPN’s Rob Dawson, Manchester United has urged wantaway players such as Paul Pogba to hold off on making choices about their futures until the club has hired a new manager.
United is hoping that Pogba’s choice of manager would persuade him to stay at Old Trafford rather than go for free in the summer.
Football director John Murtough has also ordered Anthony Martial and Donny van de Beek, who both went on loan in the January transfer window, to wait until a new manager is hired before selecting where they want to play next season.
According to ESPN, Mauricio Pochettino and Erik ten Hag are among five candidates for the role. Ralf Rangnick, the interim leader, isn’t ruling out the prospect of staying on for another year.
Pogba has so far refused to sign a new contract and will become a free agent on June 30 if no new terms are reached.
Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, and PSG have all shown interest, but sources tell ESPN that the France midfielder, who also has a United offer on the table, has yet to make a choice regarding his future club.
• Best movements by Barnwell: 100-51 | 50-1 • The most recent important transfers • January transfer grades
GOSSIP ON PAPER (by Luke Thrower)
– According to Calciomercato, Tottenham Hotspur and Juventus are interested in AS Roma offensive midfielder Nicolo Zaniolo. The 22-year-contract old’s expires in 2024, but discussions over a new agreement have stagnated, leaving the door open for rival teams to sign him. Tottenham’s Director of Football, Fabio Paratici, is said to be a big supporter of the player.
– According to Nicolo Schira, the LA Galaxy have extended winger Douglas Costa’s contract through December 2022, with an option for another season. Last week, sources told ESPN that the 31-year-old was being chased by the MLS team, after his loan at Gremio in Brazil was cut short owing to the club’s relegation to the second division.
– According to Gazzetta dello Sport, Napoli are considering a move for Adnan Januzaj to replace the departing Lorenzo Insigne at the conclusion of the season. Insigne, 30, has already signed a pre-contract with Toronto FC of the Major League Soccer, and will depart the Azzurri in the summer. Real Sociedad winger Adnan Januzaj is being considered as a possible replacement, given his contract with the LaLiga club expires at the end of the season.
– AC Milan are considering a double swoop for Lille’s Renato Sanches and Sven Botman this summer. According to Gazzetta dello Sport, the Rossoneri see the duo as successors for Franck Kessie and Alessio Romagnoli, who are both nearing the end of their contracts with the club. Botman was extensively linked with a transfer to Newcastle United, but nothing materialized.
Nicolo Schira says that two teams have made approaches to recruit former Chelsea striker and free agent Diego Costa. Antalyaspor and Corinthians both offered contracts to the 33-year-old after he departed Brazilian club Atletico Mineiro. Antalyaspor is claimed to have offered a six-month contract, while Corinthians has offered a contract until December, albeit no pay has been agreed upon yet.
Chelsea are reportedly willing to spend up to £60 million on three players in the summer window. The “chelsea fc news” is that Declan Rice tops their wanted list.
- chelsea news
- declan rice transfermarkt
- declan rice transfer newsman utd
- declan rice