Paris Saint-Germain may have secured their place in the Champions League final, but they are still working hard to keep Neymar happy. The club has a new offer on table for Kylian Mbappe that would see him captain France next year as part of an ambitious plan to secure his services long-term.
Kylian Mbappe is set to sign a new contract with Paris Saint-Germain in an effort to keep him at the club. The French forward has been offered the captaincy in order to secure his future.
The summer transfer season is nearing, and speculation about who will go where is rife. Transfer Talk provides you the most up-to-date news on speculations, arrivals and departures, and, of course, completed transactions!
TOP STORY: Is Mbappe’s leadership enough to retain him at PSG?
As the days on Kylian Mbappe’s contract tick away, the controversy surrounding his contract continues.
– LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, and more on ESPN+ (U.S.) – Watch ESPN FC every day on ESPN+ (U.S. only) – Don’t have access to ESPN? Get immediate access
According to L’Equipe, PSG is prepared to give Mbappe the club leadership in order to retain the 23-year-old striker at the Parc des Princes in the long run. The news comes as the France international prepares to depart the club as a free agent this summer.
In 26 Ligue 1 games this season, the former AS Monaco youngster has 15 goals and 10 assists. Few performances have been greater than his two-legged Champions League match against Real Madrid, when his team capitulated in the final stages to be knocked out.
Los Blancos, on the other hand, are widely associated with Mbappe, with the club looking to improve their front line in the future. His ability to communicate in Spanish, as well as discussion of a dream transfer to LaLiga, have fueled speculation of a move to the Bernabeu.
• Best movements by Barnwell: 100-51 | 50-1 • The most recent important transfers • January transfer grades
– According to Mundo Deportivo, Barcelona is preparing to resume contract negotiations with Ousmane Dembele and Ronald Araujo. After a widely played-out contract disagreement, Dembele is expected to depart the club in the summer, but considering his current form, he might remain. Araujo has a contract through 2023, however owing to his expiring contract, he has been linked with a transfer to the Premier League.
– According to Marca, Real Madrid will let a number of players depart in the summer to make room in their roster. Luka Jovic, Jesus Vallejo, Mariano, Kubo, Reinier, Alvaro Odriozola, and Brahim Diaz, according to the report, are all free to leave at the conclusion of the season, with the latter four on loan at other clubs and the other three not starting for Los Blancos.
– According to Sport, Barcelona has conducted negotiations with Antonio Rudiger about signing him as a free agent after his Chelsea contract ends. To join the Blaugrana, the Germany international is believed to want €7 million per year. The 29-year-old has been connected with a number of teams, including Barcelona, where he might join up with Blues teammate Andreas Christensen, who is also thought to be joining the Catalan club.
– According to Football Insider, Everton have opted against acquiring on-loan winger Anwar El Ghazi in the summer. The Toffees signed the 26-year-old from Aston Villa on January’s transfer deadline day, but he has only made two appearances since then, with Villa wanting to offload him at the end of the season.
PSG have rejected a bid from Real Madrid for their captain, Kylian Mbappe. In response to the rejection, PSG are offering the player a new contract that will make him captain of the club. Reference: psg reject real madrid bid.
- mbappe wants to leave psg
- mbappe contract situation
- mbappe says he wants to leave
- mbappe bid
- mbappe espn